Applying for HEOP admissions is easy:
- Apply to
Mount Saint Mary College. Be sure to select the HEOP box on the
application to be considered for HEOP admission.
- Send an official high school transcript/GED scores to the HEOP
office at Mount Saint Mary College, 330 Powell Avenue, Newburgh, NY
- Register early in your senior year for the SAT or ACT and/or
SAT Subject Test, and have scores sent to the Office of Admissions at Mount
Saint Mary College. Should you choose to sit for the AP Exams,
they must be taken prior to your senior year. All
freshmen applicants must submit standardized test
- Submit three letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance
counselors, coachs, etc.
- Submit a personal essay on a topic of your choice.
- To apply for scholarships and federal aid, complete the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure MSMC’s school code
(002778) appears on the application.
- Potentially qualified applicants will be asked to submit all
supplemental and financial materials (income verification and
copies of financial aid forms filed, e.g. FAFSA, TAP).
If you are a transfer student previously enrolled in another
Arthur O. Eve HEOP program, or in another Opportunity Program such
as EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery, you are eligible for Arthur O.
Eve HEOP at MSMC. If you were enrolled in an institution that did
not have Opportunity Programs, we would be glad to explore your
For more information, please send an email to HEOP@msmc.edu, or call