Assistant Professor of Education
Doctor of Education, Widener University, Chester, PA
Master of Arts, University of North Carolina, Pembroke, NC
Bachelor of Science, Mills College, NYC
Office: Hudson Hall, Room 109-I
Office Hours: M/W/F
1:30–3:30 pm; TH 1:30–3 pm;
Courses, Spring 2012
Professor Van Riper has been a teacher for 15 years ranging in
various capacities. She has taught most grades as a content area
teacher and a special education teacher. Her research and passion
lie in the field of autism, and she is most involved in creating
instructional strategies and techniques that serve the needs of
individuals who are on the autism spectrum.
- International Reading Association
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Association for Literacy Educators and Researchers
- Reading comprehension strategies for low functioning students
- Visual supports for students with autism.
- Practical applications for the classroom for low functioning
students with autism.