What is the Alumni Mentoring Network?
These are alumni that provide information to current Mount
students about their professional field and offer advice on how to
get started in their line of work. They help students define
their career objectives and help shape their academic program to
achieve their goals.
register online to be an Alumni Mentor. Please review our
Here are the Alumni Mentoring Guidelines:
- Agree to a minimum of at least two interactions (phone, email
or in-person meeting) with your student.
- Help to ease the student's transition from student to working
adult by providing them with the wisdom of your experience.
- Share your experiences in getting started in your field. What
do you wish you had known then that you know now?
- Suggest ways in which they might gain additional experience to
break into your field, such as internships, part time work,
volunteering or specific courses they should take.
- It is not your responsibility to find a job for a student.
- Tell the Office of Alumni Affairs if you move or change jobs.
The Alumni Office can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- If you have any suggestions or concerns about your mentoring
experience, please contact Michelle Iacuessa, Director of Alumni
Affairs, at email@example.com or at
Alumni mentors are often asked to discuss a wide range of topics
- Advice in selecting courses to prepare students for jobs in
- Help in selecting co- and non-curricular activities
- Assistance in selecting a major or minor to enter a particular
- Related career options
- Outlook for jobs in your field & salary information
- Interviewing advice
- Tips on entering your field
By sharing your own career experiences with students, you can
have a profound impact on their professional growth. You will know
that you contributed in a meaningful and tangible way to students
and your alma mater.
Students can network with mentors in the Mount Saint Mary
College Alumni Mentoring Network after meeting with the Director of
Career Development. The Director will help match the student to an
appropriate mentor. Your involvement won't demand a lot of your
time, and will benefit Mount students in ways that are real and
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Iacuessa,
Director of Alumni Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at
Register online to be an Alumni Mentor.